If you are adding a photo to your page that is from the WFU archive or directly from a digital camera, it will be much bigger than you need it to be for your website. Always remember that some users will be viewing your website on a phone using mobile data, they’ll have trouble loading large images and you’ll be using up a portion of their data plan.
- The largest an image will need to be is 1400px wide for full-screen width photos. The resolution should be set at 72 dpi.
- If you can, first use a photo editing program like Photoshop to crop and size your image for uploading.
- Visit our Photo Editing guide to find specific theme image sizes and to learn how to use Photoshop to adjust your images before uploading.
Please make your file name reflect the content, and be sure to include the date. Use dashes or underscores to separate words. This will make finding your files easier down the road. It also helps search engines direct people to the correct files.
- Incorrect: application.pdf
- Correct: wake-forest-camp-application_2018.pdf
- Incorrect: myphoto.jpg or DSC2123.jpg
- Correct: suzy-smith-profile-photo-fall-2018.jpg